Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Tuesday Throwdown #110

Welcome to Tuesday Throwdown #110. We had a wonderful turnout last week, and 
we get so much inspiration from all of you.

Our winner from last week's challenge chosen via random.org is:
Congratulations! Please e-mail me by Aug. 21, 2012 to claim your prize.
____________________________________________________
Each week, we choose some of the beautiful entries to feature as our "Top 5."  
We would love to be able to offer you each a prize, but we are unable to offer 
more than one each week.  Please be sure to grab our "Top 5" button to display 
proudly on your blog.


Here's our top picks for this week:

#5 Deanne
#11 Tip Top
#13 Gillian
#16 Carrie
#18 Lydia
Congratulations, ladies! Be sure to grab our "Top 5 button" for your blog!
____________________________________________________


Robyn's Fetish Digital Stamps And More is proud to sponsor this challenge.


Robyn's Fetish Digital Stamps And More, a division of I Did It Creations, was 
created and is owned by Robyn Weinrib. Robyn offers a wonderful variety of digital 
stamps and digital papers, designed to meet the needs of all digital paper crafting 
addicts for every occasion. Robyn's Fetish Digital Stamps And More is happy to 
award the winner her choice of 5 digital stamps.
____________________________________________________

This month we would like to welcome our Guest DT Hazel. We are so happy 
to have Hazel join us this month to share with you her beautiful artwork!


For as long as I can remember, I have been interested in crafting of some sort or 
another, hence the name Craftyhazelnut! As a child I was often ill and off school, so my 
time was often taken up with some form of crafting – embroidery, knitting, sketching 
and anything that involved cutting and sticking.
As an adult, for a few years, with work commitments, etc., crafty things fell into the 
background a bit, but until fairly recently I always had some knitting, crocheting or 
cross stitching on the go.  Cross stitching is how I got into cardmaking, then I started 
to produce cards on the computer and then papercrafting itself about twelve years ago, 
mainly cardmaking, but I also do some scrapbooking, altering etc. About 18 years ago, 
I early retired from teaching because of ill-health. Crafting is such a good way of 
relaxing and trying to forget about the aches and pains! I find that entering challenges 
keeps me up to date with trying new things that perhaps I wouldn’t otherwise try. I sell 
cards to raise money for charities – this includes Christmas cards, so I need to make 
a lot throughout the year, which is why I started my own Christmas challenge blog.

This week, our challenge is "On the Move." 

Here are some samples made by our team to help get you thinking! :-)










6 comments:

CuteNCrafty Mommy said...

Great job DT. I love seeing all of the creative work here:)

Hazel said...

Thank you so much for inviting me to be a GD for August. I so enjoyed making my card for this challenge and love all those done by the team. x

Helen Berry said...

So much fantastic inspiration from the DT!! Great job ladies!!

crafty-stamper said...

Great DT cards and thank you for inviting me to be part of the team really enjoyed making this card
carol x

Kim said...

Great job ladies!!! They're fantastic.
Norma's link:http://frommycraftroom.blogspot.ca/2012/08/an-early-thanksgiving-peek-boo-card.html

Tip Top said...

Thanks so much for the top 5 placing!